How to Fix Better Discord Not Working?
1. Restart Discord
One of the most common ways to fix a discord problem is to restart Discord. Restarting Discord will open a new session. It forces Better Discord’s settings and other addons to be loaded again.
If Discord didn’t load properly the first time, Discord might be able to load again when Discord is restarted.
It is very easy to restart Discord. You just need to launch Discord on your Mac or Windows computer.
To refresh Discord, press CTRL +R on Windows or Command + R key for Mac. After you have refreshed Discord, Discord will become blank for a while, then it will resume normal operation.
If Discord is not working, restart it. Give your Mac or Windows computer a reboot and launch Discord again to see if Discord is still not working.
2. Log out and log in to Discord
Many users have reported that they were able to resolve their issue by logging out and back in to Discord.
But I’m not sure if it will work for me. It is worth a try. It will not damage your Discord account or computer.
These are the steps to take to log out from Discord.
- Start Discord on your computer.
- Next, click on the Settings button.
- Scroll down to the Log Out option on the settings page.
- After you have logged out, restart your computer.
- After that, open Discord again and sign into your Discord account.
3. Use the BandagedBD Installer to Repair BandagedBD
You’ve probably seen the Repair BandagedBD option when installing Better Discord.
This option will allow you to correct a variety of discord problems, including the discord not working issue.
Let’s go ahead and repair BandagedBD with the installer:
- At first, you have to download BandagedBD installer from Github.
- Get the version you prefer for Windows and Mac.
- After downloading, open the setup file.
- Next, select Repair BandagedBD.
- Next, tick the “Repair on Stable” box.
- Next, select the problems you have with BandagedBD.
- Click on the Repair button.
4. Remove Custom Plugins and Themes
It is possible that you have downloaded custom themes or plugins which are causing Discord to stop working. It is best to remove all custom themes and plugins from your better Discord folder, and then check if the problem persists.
You don’t have to delete any of your plugins or custom themes from this folder. They can be moved to another folder so that Discord cannot access them.
These steps will allow you to delete plugins and custom themes.
- Launch Discord first and then go to Settings.
- Next, click on the Bandaged BD and select Plugins/Themes. Next, select the “Open themes folder” or “Open themes folder” option.
- This will open the folder in which you’ll find all your plugins or themes. You can simply copy and paste these files to another folder. You can also delete the files.
- After the files have been deleted, restart your computer to see if the better discord plugins are still not working.
If all is well, I recommend that you download other themes and plugins to see if there are any errors.
5. Reinstall Better Discord
You can also reinstall Better Discord. There is a possibility that your existing better discord files have been corrupted. It is therefore not functioning properly.
You can restore corrupted files by simply reinstalling them. Your better discord will also be updated to the most recent version.
These steps will help you reinstall better discord:
- First, download Better Discord from the github page for Windows and Mac.
- Run the installer, and then select the Uninstall BandagedBD option.
- Next, tick the box “Remove From Stable” You must also select both the options, i.e. Delete all BandageBD data, and restart all Discord instances from the Additional options.
- Next, click the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling, you can launch the discord installer. You will need to choose Install BanadgedBD again and follow the screen instructions.
Last words: These were the solutions for better discord. Try these fixes to see if you like them. If you have any questions, please comment below.